Running an Aussie ecommerce store in today’s world isn’t an easy job.
Store owners are already busy launching new products lines, maintaining smooth operations and dealing with supply issues. Throw marketing into the mix and you can understand why most feel overwhelmed and out of their depth. Keeping on top of what consumers want and how best to tap into their buying potential can feel daunting to the inexperienced.
It doesn’t have to be.
Instead, many clever retailers rely on holiday marketing strategies to keep a consistent sales pace throughout the year.
According to Statista, global projected sales from ecommerce alone will reach $3.9T. This 2020 forecast doesn’t even take into account how much COVID accelerated the use and reliance on online sales throughout the entire world. Holiday online sales are also usurping bricks and mortar purchases. According to Deloitte, consumers show almost double the preference for online shopping (59%) over in-store purchases (36%).
Lockdown restrictions have forced consumers, bored at home and stuck inside, to reinvent old buying habits in order to get what they need as we all struggle through COVID. For ecommerce sellers, or those looking to jump online, this year yields a huge advantage. If you’re new to the game, strategising your sales around key holiday dates dates can really boost sales and grow your business.
We’ve put together a FREE 2020 – 2021 Retail and Ecommerce Calendar to help you get started.
Get your free 2020 – 2021 eCommerce Marketing CalendarDownload now
What you’ll get
- Key ecommerce sales dates for the next year
- Full July 2020 – June 2021 calendar to help you plan
- Marketing cheat sheets
- Sales dates deep dives
- Recommended campaign start dates
- More links to further support and helpful articles
- and more!
How you’ll benefit
- Make the most out of key sales dates opportunities
- Learn how to boost sales, build community and tread smartly
- Set an annual sales cadence for your online shop
- Make the most of emerging global opportunities
- Grow your audience from local sales to international expansion
Global key sales dates in 2020-2021
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
- Eid al Adha
- Valentines Day
- Mother’s Day (both dates)
- Singles Day (Alibaba)
- Chinese New Year
- Father’s Day (both dates)
- And more!
Key date exceptions
- Amazon Prime Day – It’s usually two days (48 hours) and takes place in early July but due to the COVID pandemic, Amazon has delayed one of its most important sales days and has not so far confirmed when it will be this year. Suspicion at this point is October but this has yet to be confirmed by the world’s largest ecommerce retailer.
Try SMS for free!
Get a free account plus 25 free SMS when you sign up with MessageMedia.Sign up now
Final thoughts, further reading
Did we miss out on any key sales dates? What do you think of our retail calendar? Helpful, insightful or could be better? Let us know.
If you found this useful, why not have a read of some of our ecommerce articles:
- ebook: 10 ways SMS can accelerate your retail and ecommerce business
- New trends emerging for the ecommerce customer experience
- What we’ve learned in the last six months about digital transformation
- Lessons to learn about moving your store online