11 June 2020
Win one of three small business grants worth $2200!
In Australia, small businesses everywhere have borne the brunt of the COVID pandemic’s effect from hospitality, retail, professional services, trades and many other industries. When there is a negative effect across small business, the ripple effects make things harder for the rest of us. After all, Australian small businesses account for 94% of all businesses, generate 35% of our GDP, and represent 44% of our entire workforce.
Ensuring their success means stronger industries and a stronger Australia. We can’t predict how the next few months or the rest of the year will pan out. But, we’ll do what we can to support small businesses so we can come out of this crisis stronger together.
That’s why we’re launching the MessageMedia Small Business Grants!
What it’s about
MessageMedia’s Small Business Grants aim to give a boost to small businesses with a prize package that includes free financial support and free messaging services.
Throughout COVID, we have seen a surge in businesses using SMS to communicate and market more effectively in response to constantly changing market dynamics.
Monetary prizes will only get small businesses so far. We believe that your business can do so much more with finance PLUS access to premium messaging services and support that connect you with your customers and clients to rebuild and revitalise your business.
SMS can help drive new sales, improve customer service, collect feedback, connect with communities and more. The goal here is to help your business to thrive sustainably.
What you can win
There are 3 small business grants up for grabs. Each grant includes:
- $1,000 Visa debit card to spend on anything your business needs
- 6-month subscription to MessageMedia’s Pro SMS package
- Ongoing support, assistance and expertise in setting up and using SMS
Make sure to read our T&Cs. Entries open July 7th and close August 14th, so get in quick. The winners will be announced on August 21st via SMS.
How to enter
Forget the long forms and tedious application processes! We’ve made it as easy as possible for any small business to enter and win.
All you have to do is tell us in 160 characters/50 words or less (the same length as an SMS) what you would do with the prize package of $1000 and 6 months of premium bulk SMS.
We’re eager to see your creativity and ingenuity here when it comes to how you will use SMS so make sure it shines in your answer!
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
Helpful tips for your application
- Not sure how to employ SMS in your business? Check out our use cases and blog.
- Want to see how other businesses are using SMS? Read our case studies.
- Does my small business qualify? See ASIC for what qualifies as a small business.
- Tips to win? We’re looking for small businesses who want to find new and exciting ways to use SMS to benefit their business.
Terms and conditions
MessageMedia Outreach Competition (the “Competition”)
MessageMedia is conducting the Competition in order to assist small businesses who are experiencing financial or other hardship. The rules of the Competition are as follows:
- The promoter of the Competition is Message4U Pty Ltd ABN is 16 095 453 062 t/a MessageMedia of Level 24, 367 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000 (“MessageMedia”, “we” or “us”).
- The Competition will commence on 7th July and will end on 14th August. Following this, no further entries will be permitted.
- There are three prize packs available pursuant to the Competition. Prizes are valued at $2,200 each. Each prize includes six months on MessageMedia’s Pro plan (valued at $1,200) and a $1000 Visa debit card to be used at the discretion of the winners (“Prizes”).
- Only Australian small businesses are eligible to participate in the Competition. Non-Australian entries will be void, as well as businesses using false information. For the purposes of this Competition, “small business” means any business which employs fewer than 20 people. We reserve the right to conduct checks and due diligence to determine whether a business is a “small business” and eligible to enter this Competition. To enter the Competition, participants must visit messagemedia.com/au/small-business-grants/. For a chance to win, entrants must explain in 160 characters/50 words or less how and/or why this prize would help their business. To be eligible, entrants must provide their name and business name, as well as an e-mail address associated with the business and a phone number.
- After the final day of the Competition, a MessageMedia panel will choose the three most deserving entrants to be the recipients of a Prize (“Winners”). MessageMedia will use its discretion to determine which entrants are the most deserving based on the 160 characters/50-word submission.
- Winners will be selected on or around 21st August and will be notified within 3 business days of selection via SMS. If a Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 business days of attempted notification by MessageMedia, we reserve the right to determine a replacement Winner.
- To claim the complementary 6-month Pro plan, Winners will be required to have or to create a MessageMedia account and agree to the MessageMedia terms and conditions at messagemedia.com.au/terms. The $1000 Visa debit card will be sent via e-mail.
- The Winners agree to the use of his/her business name and logo in any publicity material (including on messagemedia.com, social media and/or press releases).
- The Winners may be contacted within 3 months of winning and will be asked if they are interested in being featured in a case study for the messagemedia.com website.