The protection of privacy of those using our services is very important to MessageMedia and we have implemented policies and procedures to ensure this protection.
- What Information We Collect
We collect information from our clients when they use our services. Our clients may also provide us with personal information relating to their customers or other contacts when they use our services to send message communications.
In this section we explain the different types of personal information (“Personal Information”) that we may collect or hold in relation to you, depending on whether you are a client, or a customer or other contact of one of our clients:
- If you are a user from one of our client organisations, we store your contact information (name, postal address, telephone, fax number, and email address) when you enter that information online either through our website or client portal. If you have signed any documents with us, we may also store your signature;
- If you are a client that has chosen to pay for our services by credit card or direct debit, then we collect your credit card or bank account details when you provide these for payment purposes (and please note that we do not store your credit card information; we substitute your credit card information with a PCI compliant token to safeguard your details and provide you with maximum security);
- Other details relating to the company or organisation that you are an employee of, or are administering the MessageMedia account on behalf of, if that information is reasonably necessary for our activities
- If one of our clients has sent you a message communication using our services, or you have responded to a message communication from one of our clients, then our client will have provided us with your contact details, which may include your name, postal address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers and email addresses.
- We may also store Personal Information that our clients have collected from other contacts and uploaded to our online portal.
- If you contact us through our website, online portal, or by email, fax, post or telephone, we will retain your Personal Information that you provide to us, together with the content of our mutual correspondence, including any emails you send to us.
- If you have requested a trial of our services, our sales team will collect contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address) from you over the telephone or via our website or by email.
- How we use your Personal Information
We use Personal Information to provide quality messaging services to our clients. We may use your Personal Information in some or all of the following ways:
- to provide you with access to our website or online portal;
- to provide our products and services to you, including as a recipient or end user of our messaging services;
- to process payments and carry out business administration in relation to your client account;
- to respond to any correspondence from you, including handling any complaints from you;
- to verify your identity and for the process of detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- through the use of analytics software (including Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data) to assess and improve the operation and performance of our website and to understand how users find and use our website;
- to analyse your use of our various services (including product usage, system and log files) to improve the performance and development of our messaging products; and
- to comply with any law, rule, legal decision or regulation that we are obliged to comply with.
We use your Personal Information for the purpose of performing our contract with our client or where we have your consent to do so.
We may use your Personal Information so that we, our wholly owned subsidiaries, agents and contractors can provide you with information about our products and services (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS) or request your feedback for promotional purposes.
You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. If you do not wish to receive any information relating to promotions, new services and features offered by MessageMedia, please contact MessageMedia’s Support team at email@example.com or call 0808 234 8246.
- Links to Third Party Websites
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer containing standard internet log and visitor behaviour information, but not any information that could personally identify you.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- We use Google Analytics, Bing ads, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other services that place cookies on a browser across the website to help us analyse website visitor behaviour and to increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by the third party vendors, such as Google.
- We use a session cookie to remember your login to the MessageMedia website or online portal to improve usability.
- We use Google and Bing Webmasters, data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. This statistical data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
- We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the Internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads. You can opt out of Bing ads within Bing profile settings.
- We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to:
- Inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website; and
- Find out how ad impressions, ad services, and your interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- Sharing your Personal Information with Third Parties
MessageMedia does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, your Personal Information may be shared with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you have consented to us sharing your Personal Information with a third party (for example, via an opt-in).
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where MessageMedia is of the belief that the user has breached its obligations pursuant to our Terms and Conditions and/or has breached its privacy obligations.
- To our group companies, employees and contractors who require use of your Personal Information in order to provide our services to you.
- Security of Your Personal Information
MessageMedia takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. MessageMedia’s websites and internal information management systems are designed with the aim of preventing Personal Information from being disclosed by any unauthorised means. However, you should note that the inherent nature of the Internet is such that the security of information cannot be guaranteed 100%.
- Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information that we hold about you and to ask us to confirm what processing we carry out in relation to your Personal Information. If this information is not accurate, complete and up to date, you may request that we correct this information.
To make a request, please contact MessageMedia’s Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0808 234 8246. Generally, MessageMedia will not charge a fee for providing access to users, however we reserve our right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive or if you request further copies of the same information.
In order to access or change users’ information online, users are required to log in using their unique user name and password provided to them when establishing their MessageMedia account. In order for users to gain access to their Personal Information over the telephone via MessageMedia Support, users may be required to identify themselves via confirmation of the existing account details held by MessageMedia.
- Transfer of your Personal Information Overseas
Our primary business operations are carried out in Australia and therefore your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area and processed in Australia to facilitate our business operations.
We may also transfer your Personal Information overseas in the following situations:
- Where our third party service providers (for example, web hosting, email providers, analytics and ad serving providers) are located in other jurisdictions.
- While we use EE as our principal carrier, if you have enabled international roaming and are travelling, our carriers will forward your message to the relevant international carrier in the country you are visiting to allow us to provide our service to you while you are overseas. If you have requested our Standard Rate (hybrid) messaging service then, so we can provide the service that you have requested, we may use an international service provider, and forward your message to third parties in Europe and/or the United Kingdom (which are governed by EU privacy laws).
- Complaints or Questions
If you would like to access or correct your information please contact our Support team at:
Phone: 0808 234 8246
White Collar Factory
1 Old Street Yard
London, EC1Y 8AF, UK
Phone: 0808 234 8246
Fax: 0208 082 5091
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner, which is the UK’s Supervisory Authority for privacy matters. You can find contact details here: https://ico.org.uk