15 April 2019
SMS draws 30-40 percent of VIP database to SportsPower sales event
SportsPower is a network of sporting goods retailers providing expert advice and a comprehensive product range including footwear, clothing, fitness equipment and sporting gear. SportsPower Kadina is a family-run business that has serviced its community for more than 20 years, and prides itself on its contribution to the local community through employment, great service, and sponsorship of many local clubs.
- Advertising methods such as newspaper or email were either unsuccessful or the results hard to measure for key promotions, such as VIP events before major sales.
- Shop signage had previously been the most successful avenue for advertising, however, this only reaches those in close proximity to the store.
- Customers have busy lives, so engaging them and capturing their interest is challenging.
- SMS messages – in combination with email campaigns – were used to invite 2,000 customers to VIP sales nights prior to SportsPower’s twice-yearly sales.
- Links within the messages take customers to SportsPower Kadina’s Facebook page.
- Promotion of items on sale and discounts on purchases.
- Delivered the two most successful sales nights to date, with 30-40 percent of its VIP database attending the event or visiting the store within the following days.
- Speed and ease of use: Generating the SMS campaign takes staff approximately 10 minutes, much less than other platforms.
- Extremely easy and convenient for the busy customer in a more mobile-first world.
“We use SMS because we all have busy lives, and also because it’s convenient for both us and our customers. MessageMedia’s SMS service is fast and easy to use – setting up and sending a campaign only takes us 10 minutes, much less than other platforms.”
Nathan Collins, Manager, SportsPower Kadina
You may also like...
An SMS program has cut Synergy’s total balance of past due accounts by an astounding 45 percent.Read more
The Athlete’s Foot chose MessageMedia’s mobile landing pages, resulting in a 13 percent click-through rate.Read more
SMS and mobile landing pages drive great results for a ‘Refer-a-mate’ campaignRead more