You see it all the time. In classes, in the cafeteria, and everywhere in between, students are constantly on their phones sending text messages. Research shows that they spend an average of 8 hours (male) to 10 hours (female) every day using their cell phones. This helps explains why 90 percent of all messages get read in less than 90 seconds!
It also explains why educational institutions of all sizes are turning to text messaging for schools when they need to get through to students, or improve communications with their parents and teachers. A text message is extremely affordable, but its impact on educational outcomes can be invaluable. Use it to reduce truancy, improve student performance, or minimise administrative costs.
SMS is a powerful tool when you need to get through to your audience, quickly and cost effectively.
How SMS for educations can help your school make the grade
- Use automated updates for admissions applications, course scheduling, and exam results to reduce inbound calls and emails from prospective students
- Billing reminders and payment notifications help students stay on top of their tuition and loans
- Improve attendance rates by integrating SMS with your attendance system to automatically notify parents when students miss class
- Bulk SMS gives you a cost-effective way to broadcast emergency notifications and closure information to thousands of people with just a click of the mouse
- Two-way SMS lets you send appointment reminders to reduce costly no shows and help students stay on top of their busy schedules
- Instantly send status updates for shared assets like labs, library books, and computing resources
- Send students text message alerts for campus events and give them a convenient way to RSVP
You may also like...
SMS is a powerful tool for managing your supply chain, scheduling and tracking shipments, sending service reminders, and more.Read more
More and more automotive businesses are integrating SMS marketing for car dealerships or repair shops into their workflows.Read more