Sometimes even the smallest things can stop big businesses dead in their tracks. A worn bearing that kills a motor, a late employee that holds up an assembly line or a missing component that shuts down production. They’re small problems, but if you don’t get on top of them quickly, your manufacturing operations will fall behind.
That’s why more and more manufacturers are deploying SMS in their businesses. SMS provides a powerful solution for managing everything from supply chains to production lines to staff schedules. It’s fast — nearly instantaneous — and cost-effective.
How SMS can improve manufacturing operations management
- Text messages provide the fastest solution for sending time-critical alerts, from outage notifications to low-inventory warnings, so that you can keep your production lines humming
- Integrate SMS with your supply chain management (SCM) system to automatically send new orders to vendors, track deliveries, and seamlessly manage logistics across your supply chain
- Automating your procurement and administrative workflows will reduce your costs and give you new economies of scale
- Two-way SMS helps you manage staff rosters by easily sending shift reminders, open-shift notifications, and schedule confirmations, so that your employees and business stay on schedule
- Improve cross-team collaboration among manufacturing workers, technicians, and enterprise staff all over the world
- Bulk SMS is a great solution for sending human resources messages and other employee communications to manufacturing staff who don’t have consistent access to computers or email
- Text marketing unlocks a new channel for introducing products, promoting them to customers, and driving sales growth
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) gives you a cost-effective method for managing security and giving staff, vendors, and contractors access to manufacturing and enterprise systems
You may also like...
SMS is a powerful tool for managing your supply chain, scheduling and tracking shipments, sending service reminders, and more.Read more
More and more automotive businesses are integrating SMS marketing for car dealerships or repair shops into their workflows.Read more