UPDATED May 29th 2020: This offer has been extended till 30th of June.
As this public health crisis starts to improve and businesses start to reopen, we want to do our part to help restaurants and cafes get back on their feet. For businesses to stay afloat and resilient right now, we need to move through this together.
We recognise that our services have an important role to play in helping these businesses adapt in order to ensure solid business continuity. This is why we have a COVID-19 customer resources hub to help guide our customers and wider community through this current predicament.
We’re committed to stand by those who are taking a hard hit right now. This starts with the hospitality industry and its 773,000 workers in our home country of Australia. For the past few months, we have been assisting a number of restaurants, cafes and other hospitality venues in redirecting their dine-in services to new takeaway and delivery options – all via SMS.
In the past, MessageMedia has helped numerous food and beverages businesses utilise text-in ordering. This is a convenient and non-intrusive method for customers to order pick-up or delivery. It’s all done without requiring someone on your end to man a phone line. We know this would be particularly useful, as many scramble to find affordable, easy-to-use ordering options. Especially amongst the chaos of re-rostering staff, automating old processes and streamlining new sources of revenue.
Now, as restrictions are starting to ease, we want to help re-opening businesses take full advantage of the power of SMS.
You can use SMS to:
Update customers with new opening hours, and changes to service
Use shortened links for bookings, and alert customers if there are timing caps
Contact tracing – make sure you monitor access and flow,
Make patrons aware of new OH&S protocols
Changes to your menu
If you are staying closed, and whether home delivery is still happening
- Thank them for supporting you – dine-in OR delivery!
And a lot more!
What our SMS ‘text-in’ package includes for your hospitality businesses
To help Australian restaurants and cafes get back on their feet, we want to offer:
- Free use of MessageMedia SMS services for the government shutdown period* in a package that includes free messaging credits, plus a dedicated phone number to promote to your customers.
- Assistance with getting up and running with one of our messaging experts.
- Access to advice and tools via our customer resources hub, such as high-performing messaging templates we’re seeing used by the food and beverage space right now.
To take advantage, please contact our team today or click above and reference this offer.
See further terms below.
As our global community does their best to cope with this situation, it is our mission to empower your business and the community-at-large during this challenging time. We are committed to providing streamlined and reliable access to our services throughout this period for all of you.
MessageMedia also promises to persist in exploring how else we can expand our efforts and services to assist other industries and front-line workers as this situation develops. For now, please reach out, stay safe and take care of each other.
See more in our MEDIA RELEASE.
Here are some other helpful tips that you might find useful in moving your hospitality business to takeaway or delivery:
- Use SMS automations to confirm appointments and bookings
- Consider offering set menus to cut down on waste, and costs
- Continue to follow food safety best practices from public health authorities
- We’ve got 5 SMS templates ready to go to help your business re-open.
* Terms and Conditions:
- Available for designated restaurants or cafes in Australia, one package per restaurant.
- Offer available until 3o June 2020.
- Usage is intended to be during the government enforced shutdown period for designated restaurants and cafes. We will allow usage for the next three months and reserve the right to review at any point. Fair use of up to 200 messages per day.
- You can cancel at any time – there’s no lock-in contract.
- We reserve the right to change, cancel or modify this offer at any time. We will inform you before making any such change to ensure you don’t incur unexpected costs.