26 March 2020
Free SMS package to assist restaurants reopening after shutdown
UPDATED May 29th 2020: This offer has been extended till 30th of June.
As this public health crisis worsens and businesses across the globe face temporary closure, we want to do our part to help. For businesses to stay afloat and resilient, we need to move through this together. There is no doubt that the ripples of this crisis are being felt by all. Nevertheless, those feeling the crunch right now are non-essential services and small, independent hospitality businesses. Many restaurants and cafes have been mandated to shutter their doors in countries like Australia, New Zealand, the UK, parts of the US, and more.
We recognise that our services have an important role to play in helping these businesses adapt in order to ensure solid business continuity. This is why we’ve pulled our talent and resources together to launch a new COVID-19 customer resources hub late last week. This is to help guide our customers and wider community through this current predicament.
We’re committed to stand by those who are taking a hard hit right now. This starts with the hospitality industry and its 773,000 workers in our home country of Australia. Already, we have been assisting a number of restaurants, cafes and other hospitality venues redirect their dine-in services to new takeaway and delivery options – all via SMS.
In the past, MessageMedia has helped numerous food and beverages businesses utilise text-in ordering. This is a convenient and non-intrusive method for customers to order pick-up or delivery. It’s all done without requiring someone on your end to man a phone line. We know this would be particularly useful, as many scramble to find affordable, easy-to-use ordering options. Especially amongst the chaos of re-rostering staff, automating old processes and streamlining new sources of revenue.
What our SMS ‘text-in’ package includes for your hospitality businesses
To help Australian restaurants and cafes get started, we want to offer:
- Free use of MessageMedia SMS services for the government shutdown period* in a package that includes free messaging credits, plus a dedicated phone number to promote to your customers.
- Assistance with getting up and running with one of our messaging experts.
- Access to advice and tools via our customer resources hub, such as high-performing messaging templates we’re seeing used by the food and beverage space right now.
To take advantage, please contact our team today and reference this offer. See further terms below.
As our global community does their best to cope with this situation, it is our mission to empower your business and the community-at-large during this challenging time. We are committed to providing streamlined and reliable access to our services throughout this period for all of you.
MessageMedia also promises to persist in exploring how else we can expand our efforts and services to assist other industries and front-line workers as this situation develops. For now, please reach out, stay safe and take care of each other.
See more in our MEDIA RELEASE.
Here are some other helpful tips that you might find useful in moving your hospitality business to takeaway or delivery:
- Publish your menu online so that you can link to it from your messages
- Consider “leave at door” delivery options to protect your customers and employees with no-contact delivery
- Continue to follow food safety best practices from public health authorities
- Read our blog on COVID-19 business continuity: how the hospitality industry can stay afloat
* Terms and Conditions:
- Available for designated restaurants or cafes in Australia, one package per restaurant.
- Offer available until 3o June 2020.
- Usage is intended to be during the government enforced shutdown period for designated restaurants and cafes. We will allow usage for the next three months and reserve the right to review at any point. Fair use of up to 200 messages per day.
- You can cancel at any time – there’s no lock-in contract.
- We reserve the right to change, cancel or modify this offer at any time. We will inform you before making any such change to ensure you don’t incur unexpected costs.
You may also like ...
30 May 2020
Text providing a brief overview of the article, for the purposes of showing the article overview on pages.Read more
29 May 2020
To help Australian gyms, trainers, fitness coaches, pilates instructors, bootcamps, yoga studios and other fitness businesses, we want to offer our free SMS pack to help you get back on your feet. Read more.Read more
21 May 2020
When you choose to send SMS online through a gateway provider, it can be a powerful solution for businesses. Here' s why.Read more