Fitness lovers and trainers rejoice! We’re able to get back to the gyms and the parks – although in a safe and considered way.
The past months have been tough on the fitness and health industry, where face-to-face interactions are often necessary to understand the complex needs of your clients. When gyms, classes and training sessions stopped, many trainers had to either shutter their business, or pivot to online sessions.
With the easing of restrictions, many trainers and gyms will be planning to re-open and re-engage their client base: from checking in on their health and progress, inviting them to new classes and sessions, and updating them on changing safety protocols.
Our new fitness SMS package
To help Australian gyms, trainers, fitness coaches, pilates instructors, boot camps, yoga studios and all other kinds of small fitness-focused businesses get back on their feet, we want to offer:
- Free use of MessageMedia SMS services for the government shutdown period* in a package that includes free messaging credits, plus a dedicated phone number to promote to your customers.
- Assistance with getting up and running with one of our messaging experts.
- Access to advice and tools via our customer resources hub, such as high-performing messaging templates that we continually update as conditions change
To take advantage, please contact our team today.
See further terms below.
Physical training and health are going to be critical elements in getting Australia moving again, and we know you have a role to play. We think SMS has a role in helping you too.
“I’ve been using SMS to help my clients for as long as I’ve been in business. It’s now even more vital as I’ve been working remotely and conducting virtual training. As we go back to in-person training, I’ll be using SMS to invite them back to the gym, and check on their health.”
Adam Mayne. Mayne Fitness
SMS fitness templates and use cases
Our team have been comparing the different SMS we receive from our trainers and studios, and there are so many ways that great communicators are using text messaging
- Appointment reminders and class confirmations
“Hi Mel, confirming your 2:1 class at 8 am on Saturday “
- Payment reminders
“Tara, you’re at 11/12 classes. Let me know if you want to buy a new session block.”
- Health check-in
“Jay, before you come in for your class, we need to check your health. If you have any flu-like or COVID symptoms, you cannot come to the class. Please send a confirmation text that you are symptom-free.”
- Personal training plans
“Hi Ashley, here’s your personal training plan while you’re away from the gym. https://nxt.to/vSrrpr”
- Post-session check-in
“Hi Tony, how did you pull up yesterday? Don’t forget to use the stretch guide: https://nxt.to/jjdna1”
Our COVID-19 resource hub – just for you
We recognise that our services have an important role to play in helping these businesses adapt to ensure reliable business continuity. That’s why we’ve created COVID-19 customer resources hub and templates. We hope this helps customers like you and the wider community through this current time.
Here are some other helpful tips for getting the most out of our SMS package for your fitness business:
- Publish videos, images or gifs of basic sequences and key movements on your website so that you can point to them using short trackable links in your text messages
- Reduce your workload with SMS calendar integrations from our online marketplace to help set appointments for virtual or non-virtual training sessions with clients
- Continue to follow COVID regulations and best practices from recognised public health authorities
- To prepare for future crises, read our checklist on what you need to prepare before sending SMS comms
Still have questions? Feel free to contact our team. They will be happy to help and answer any questions.
* Terms and Conditions:
- Available for designated gyms and trainer businesses in Australia, one package per gym, studio or business.
- Offer available until 30 June 2020.
- Usage is intended to be during the government enforced shutdown/restriction period for designated gyms, studios and businesses. We will allow usage for the next three months and reserve the right to review at any point. Fair use of up to 200 messages per day.
- You can cancel at any time – there’s no lock-in contract.
- We reserve the right to change, cancel or modify this offer at any time. We will inform you before making any such change to ensure you don’t incur unexpected costs.