28 April 2016
7 reasons SMS should be used for customer engagement
We love our mobile phones and there’s no even buzzing! Our phones help us with everything: we can access our emails, favourite apps, the internet, news articles, and talk to family and friends all over the world on our mobile phones.
If the mobile is so popular, shouldn’t all businesses make SMS a priority when trying to engage with their customers?
Customer engagement is very important when running a business. SMS allows you to not only communicate effectively in real time with your customers, it also allows you to target different segments for different needs and preferences. In today’s day and age, customers prefer to be contacted via their mobile phones. It’s more convenient and you can be confident that they will receive your message.
7 reasons your business should be using SMS to engage with your customers:
1. It’s instant communication method and very cost-effective
2. Delivers the right information at the right time to your target audience in as little as 160 characters
3. No internet connection or Wi-Fi needed to receive an SMS
4. It’s personal and requires an opt-in from customers who want to hear from your business
5. High ROI allowing you to sell more and drive brand awareness
6. Better customer experience which builds customer loyalty
7. Your competitors are using SMS to engage with their customers
Many industries have adopted a mobile approach, and as we know texting is one of the most popular mobile activities today, businesses must take advantage of this opportunity to engage with customers via their mobile phones.
You may also like ...
15 August 2019
For urgent messages to particular individuals or a large group of people, an SMS alert is best.Read more
8 August 2019
Cross-channel marketing is even easier with SMS integrated with Adobe Campaign.Read more